Graduate Checklist and Deadlines
The Academic Programs Office must receive each item on this checklist for an application to be considered complete. To check the status of application items, applicants can login to their application account (using the link below) and view the list of application items that our admissions office has received.
- Online Application for Admission Applicants must fill out the online application to open their application for admission. Students must list their personal email address on the application. International students working with a recruiter should enter the recruiter's email address on the application. By listing an international recruiter's email address, the student authorizes Samford University to release information related to admission and the visa application process to that agency.
- Application Fee: The $35 non-refundable application fee is paid prior to submission of the online application form. The application fee is payable by Visa or Mastercard. The application fee is waived for current Samford students, Samford alumni or current Samford faculty or staff.
- Official GMAT or GRE* Scores: Applicants should request for GMAT or GRE scores to be sent to our office from the testing agency. For information on the minimum standardized test requirements, see here. GMAT waiver is available for applicants with a bachelor's degree from a U.S. institution and ten or more years of progressive professional work experience. Applicants may apply for a GMAT waiver by emailing a request to email@example.com once all other portions of the application are complete. Qualifying applicants will be invited for an interview by the Graduate Education Process Committee. All waiver approvals must be complete at least one month before the application deadline.
- Official Transcript(s): Applicants must submit official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended. Transcripts are considered official only when they bear the issuing institution's seal and arrive with the seal intact. Transcripts can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address below. A transcript evaluation from a NACES approved evaluation agency is required for applicants with a degree from a non-U.S. institution. WES is the recommended evaluation agency.
- Resume: Please send a copy of your professional resume electronically to email@example.com.
Additional Documents for International Applicants
- Personal Statement: Applicants must submit their personal statement on the online application form. Applicants should copy/paste the personal statement to the text box provided on the application form. The essay should describe the three experiences that have been most significant in shaping your future personal and career goals and explain how obtaining a business degree at the Brock School of Business will assist you in reaching your goals.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS: Applicants should request for TOEFL or IELTS scores to be sent to our office from the testing agency. Details about English Proficiency Requirements.
- Financial Affidavit: Please contact Ashley Gassner, International Student Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for a financial affidavit. Please note that a sufficient, original bank statement must accompany the form. The Financial Affidavit should be mailed to the address below.
- International Student Application Addendum: Please contact Ashley Gassner, International Student Coordinator, at email@example.com for application addendum. Please note that a copy of your passport (and visa if applicable) must accompany this form and should be mailed to the address below.
*GRE scores are converted to an equivalent GMAT score using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools provided by ETS. Applicants with GRE quantitative scores at or below the 20th percentile may not exempt prerequisite level courses (ACCT 511, ECON 512, or FINC 514).
(August start date)
(January start date)
(May start date)
||Applications not accepted for a summer start date
Brock School of Business, Samford University
800 Lakeshore Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35229