International Application Checklist and Deadlines
The Academic Programs Office must receive each item on this checklist for an application to be considered complete. To check the status of application items, applicants can login to their application account (using the link below) and view the list of application items that our admissions office has received.
1) Online International Application for Admission : All students must fill out the online international application to open their application for admission. Students must list their personal email address on the application, and students working with a recruiter should enter the recruiter’s email address on the application. By listing an international recruiter’s email address, the student authorizes Samford University to release information related to admission and the visa application process to that agency.
2) Recommendation: Applicants must submit the name and email address of their recommender on the online application form (only one name may be entered). When you submit your application form online, an email will be sent directly to your recommender with instructions and a link to the online recommendation. Before submitting a name, please contact your recommender so that they will expect our email. A recommendation from an employer or educator is preferred.
3) Personal Statement: Applicants must submit their personal statement on the online application form. Applicants should copy/paste the personal statement to the text box provided on the application form. The essay should describe the three experiences that have been most significant in shaping your future personal and career goals and explain how obtaining a business degree at the Brock School of Business will assist you in reaching your goals.
4) Application Fee: The $25 non-refundable application fee is paid prior to submission of the online application form. The application fee is payable by Visa or Mastercard. This fee is not required for graduates, current students or employees of Samford University.
5) Official GMAT or GRE scores:Applicants should request for GMAT or GRE scores to be sent to our office from the testing agency. The minimum score is a GMAT or GRE equivalent score* of 480. Meeting this minimum score does not guarantee admission. In the fall of 2012, the average total GMAT score for admitted international applicants was above 570. Please see the English Proficiency Requirements page for details about the verbal score on the GMAT and GRE.
6) Official TOEFL or IELTS: Applicants should request for TOEFL or IELTS scores to be sent to our office from the testing agency. For details about English Proficiency Requirements: see here .
7) Official Transcript(s)/Transcript Evaluation: A transcript evaluation from a NACES approved evaluation agency is required for applicants with a degree from a non-U.S. institution. WES is the recommended evaluation agency. The transcript evaluation must be sent directly from the evaluation agency to the address listed below. Applicants with U.S. degrees must submit official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended. Transcripts are considered official only when they bear the issuing institution’s seal and arrive with the seal intact. Transcripts can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address below.
8) Resume: Please send a copy of your professional resume electronically to email@example.com.
9) Financial Affidavit Please note that a sufficient, original bank statement must accompany the form. The Financial Affidavit should be mailed to the address below.
10) International Student Application Addendum : Please note that a copy of your passport (and visa if applicable) must accompany this form and should be mailed to the address below.
*GRE scores are converted to an equivalent GMAT score using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools provided by ETS. Applicants with GRE quantitative scores at or below the 20th percentile may not exempt prerequisite level courses (ACCT 511, ECON 512, or FINC 514).
Priority application deadline- May 1
Final application deadline – June 1
Priority application deadline – October 1
Final application deadline - November 1
Brock School of Business, Samford University
800 Lakeshore Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35229