By submitting your photos or videos to SamfordYOU, either directly or through a social media site, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You are providing this photo or video at your own risk. You must agree that, regardless of the outcome, you will not challenge the decisions of Samford University in posting or not posting submitted photographs or videos or file any claims or suits against Samford University or its trustees, officers, or employees.
- You agree that the images you submit may be used by Samford University in a printed publication, on a Web site, in a slideshow and screensaver, may be uploaded on the Samford Flickr or YouTube accounts, or in any other media, and may be copied and displayed in any country. You may not revoke the permission to allow Samford University to use your images. Although you are agreeing to allow Samford University to use your images, you remain the owner of your images and may also use them in any manner you choose. Samford University holds copyright to the collection of photos that constitute SamfordYOU.
- You promise that you are at least 18 years of age.
- You promise that the photographs or videos you submit (a) are your own work, (b) do not (to your knowledge) infringe on the rights of any other person or business, and (c) have not been previously published.
- You promised that persons depicted in the photographs or videos (except outdoor crowd scenes) have given you permission to use their image in your photograph or video. We ask for this promise because we want you to be respectful of the persons you photograph and video and considerate of their sensitivities concerning the use of their image.
- You agree that Samford University is not endorsing any organization or product that may be depicted in the photographs or videos submitted.
- You promise that your photograph or video accurately reflects the subject matter and scene as it appeared, and that it has not been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast, etc.).
- You agree that Samford University does not need to pay you for your images. Any inquires from outside parties about the purchase or use of your photograph(s) or video(s) will be passed on to you directly. Samford University holds copyright to the collection of photos and videos that constitute SamfordYOU
- By submitting your photos or videos for consideration, you agree that Samford University may verify the ownership and originality of any submission, and that upon request, you shall submit a written copy of any release, license, or permission you have received from a third party granting you the right to use such submission. You understand that in the event a submission is selected and your ownership rights and the originality of your submission cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the Samford University, Samford University may withdraw your submission. Samford University assumes no liability to third parties for false ownership rights claimed by entrants.
- If after posting a submitted photo or video, Samford University determines that the individual making the submission has misrepresented, misstated, or mischaracterized his or her submission in any way or is not the rightful owner of the submission, the submission may be withdrawn and future submission privileges may be rescinded. Any determinations made by Samford University in withdrawing and disqualifying any submission will be final.