Residence Life/Meal Plan Policy
Living and dining on campus are an integral component of the Samford University undergraduate experience. Students with disabilities may require residential and/or meal plan adjustments in order to fully participate in campus life.
Through the Office of Residence Life the student application for housing states that students who live in campus housing must also purchase a meal plan. The application for housing also requests information concerning housing accommodations for a disability.
Students should contact DR for an appointment and make adjustment requests for housing and meal plans on the application for campus housing.
1. Make requests for housing/meal plan adjustments on the Office of Residence Life Housing Application.
2. Request housing and/or meal plan adjustments in an appointment with DR
3. Provide DR documentation of a disability from a *qualified professional. (*under Forms and Documents)
4. Students who are determined eligible by DR for meal plan adjustments should meet with Dining Services to determine available dining options
5. Students who are determined eligible by DR for housing adjustments should contact Residence Life to determine available housing options
6. To finalize accommodation requests students should schedule a follow-up appointment with DR for official accommodations
7. Student should submit the Accommodation Memo provided by DR to the Office of Residence Life in order to receive housing/meal plan adjustments
**Students requesting housing accommodations for fall housing must have completed all processes through DR by JUNE 1.** Students submitting information after the deadline will receive housing accommodations only if space becomes available.