Campus Life Intern for Greek Life (Part-time) Rev. 10/31/13
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2013
The Campus Life Intern for Greek Life will assist in all facets with the management and programming of the Samford fraternity and sorority community including advising, risk management, recruitment, event planning and community/alumni relations. This position requires 20-30 hours per week.
- Co-advising student governance bodies
- Assist with web site maintenance, public relations, publications, and marketing
- Assist with event management and planning as needed
- Supervise work study students
- Assist with assessment efforts
- Represent the University to key Greek constituency groups as needed including faculty, staff, alumni and community partners
- Bachelor’s degree with strong understanding and experience with undergraduate student activities (Preference given to a candidate with Greek organization membership)
- Significant experience in undergraduate student leadership roles
- An understanding of the university environment and what work at an institution of higher education entails
- Must be able to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to life up to 30 lbs.
Apply for this job
Submit resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Office of Human Resources
800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL 35229
FAX: (205) 726-4027
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.