Date Posted: Feb 18, 2014
The Network Administrator – Telephony at Samford University is responsible for maintaining the Samford Cisco IP Telephony infrastructure. This includes planning, design, installation, and maintenance of the unified communications hardware and network configurations, and supporting/troubleshooting telephony issues to the satisfaction of all constituent groups.
- Must be fluent in Cisco IP telephony, call manager, unity, contact center technologies, and have an understanding of local area networks.
- Deploy and maintain enterprise voice solutions using Cisco CUCM, CME, UCCX, voice gateways, and other similar solutions/hardware.
- Serve as the administrator, upgrade, and maintain the Samford University IP telephony system, which hosts over 1500 telephones and fax machines.
- Serve as the administrator, upgrade, and maintain the Samford University voicemail system, which hosts over 1000 mailboxes.
- Configure and install Cisco IP phones as needed.
- Work with other network administrators, systems administrators, systems analysts, support center staff, technicians, vendors, and users relating to applications associated with the production-computing environment.
- Help the network administrator maintain and configure the Samford University network for consistent and reliable VOIP operations.
- Serve as the administrator, upgrade, and maintain Cisco VG220 and VG350 VOIP gateways.
- Serve as the administrator, upgrade, and maintain the Samford University telephone billing system.
- Document all issues and maintenance related activities in the Technology Services service request system.
- Provide a report each Friday detailing current project/task status for the week.
- Provide assistance with any projects or tasks as directed by the Director, Network Group.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for weekend coverage.
- Must be available for off-hours emergencies and change windows.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for starting/stopping servers and applications.
- Review vendor supplied patches as released and recommend, then install patches as needed.
- Serve as the primary technical support contact for the other Technology Services groups, maintaining a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience in Cisco VOIP administration, Windows server administration, or systems programming.
- Experience with the following is desired:
- Cisco Call Manager version 8 or later and Cisco Unity version 8 or later
- Programming Cisco VG 224 or Cisco VG 350 Analog Voice Gateways
- Call Center Express ACD Technologies version 8 or later
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Routing Protocols
- Cisco or HP Routers, Switches, Firewalls
- Provisioning Cisco IP phones 79xx series
- Must interact with all colleges and Technology Services constituents in a manner that is consistent with the University’s mission and policies.
- Must have good organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be able to report to work Monday through Friday no later than 8:00 a.m.
- Must have the ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods and have the ability to work continuously throughout the day.
- This position requires walking across campus, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Apply for this job
Submit resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Office of Human Resources
800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL 35229
FAX: (205) 726-4027
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.