Accounts Payable Coordinator I
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2014
The general job duties of an Accounts Payable Coordinator I include the timely processing of vendor invoices for payment, processing of employee expense reports for reimbursement and the reconciling of vendor statements.
Customary office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with one hour for lunch. Any variation from this schedule must be approved in advance.
- Audit incoming vendor invoices and match with appropriate purchase order and/or receiving documents reconciling any missing data or forms.
- Input invoices into the Banner Accounts Payable module for processing.
- Forward completed invoice and any supporting documentation to Accounts Payable Coordinator II for approval.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a monthly basis with outstanding invoices and/or credits and obtain copies of any missing documents. Where necessary, request a check from vendors with credit balances.
- Communicate as needed with Samford departments and/or vendors regarding any Accounts Payable questions or problems.
- Maintain purchase orders, invoices and statements in an organized manner, consistent with department guidelines.
- Assist in helping customers both in the office and on the telephone as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the appropriate supervisors.
- High school diploma.
- At least one year of basic business office experience.
- At least six months of Accounts Payable experience.
- Good organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good data entry skills and basic knowledge of PC use.
- Applicants must be able to pass basic testing in computer knowledge and 10 key data entry.
Apply for this job
Submit resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Office of Human Resources
800 Lakeshore Drive, Birmingham, AL 35229
FAX: (205) 726-4027
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.