Samford has received several national awards for various communication projects.
A series of promotional pieces for Beeson Divinity School won several awards, including a Best of Class in public relations materials from the Religion Communicators Council [RCC]. Scott Camp, senior graphic designer in the Office of Communication, worked with the divinity school to create a worship guide, poster and promotional brochure for the year-long "Walking with the Saints" convocation emphasis.
Camp also received a certificate of excellent and a certificate of merit from RCC, and three awards, including one first place, from the Baptist Communicators Association for the "Saints" pieces. Hodges Chapel curator Bridget Rose developed content for the publications. Editor Laine Williams and Director of Creative Services Janica York Carter also contributed to the projects.
Other awards include:
• Donna Fitch and Carissa Bradley, Council for Advancement and Support of Education special merit award for the new Samford home page design and implementation.
• Monica Washington, RCC award of merit and CASE special merit award for the 2007 Homecoming Gala program.
• Carlie Stamper, RCC award of merit for the Die Fledermaus poster.
• Bradley, RCC award of merit for the Department of Communication Studies website.
• Zac Schrieber, Washington, Camp and Carter, third-place award from the College Sports Information Directors of America, for the 2007 Samford soccer media guide.
• Mary Wimberley, first prize in the personality profile category from Alabama Media Professionals for a story on Suzanne Mattox, the first deaf graduate of Samford's Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education and Professional Studies.