Concert To Present Best From Competition March 8
by Sean Flynt
Samford's School of the Arts will present its annual Concerto-Aria concert Tuesday, March 8 at 7:30 p.m. in Wright Center Concert Hall.
The concert will bring together five student musicians selected during a university-wide competition in December.
Selections and performers will include:
- Kabalevsky's Overture to Colas Breugnon, played by full orchestra
- Ponchielli's "Voce di donna" from La Gioconda, sung by Amberlyn Richardson
- Mozart's aria from The Abduction from the Seraglio, sung by Alan Taylor
- Rosauro's Concerto for Marimba and String Orchestra (three movements), played by Evelyn Stagnaro
- Muczhinsky's Concerto for Piano and Orchestra (lst movement), played by Becca Frees
- Bruch's Violin Concerto (3rd movement), played by Hannah Frees