Traditional B.S.N. Overview
The traditional BSN option is designed for the freshmen or transfer student without a prior bachelor’s degree. Students enrolled in the Bachelor Science in Nursing (BSN) program in the Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing are prepared to use knowledge, critical thinking skills, and practice skills learned from nursing and liberal arts to provide professional nursing care in a variety of clinical settings. Our BSN students are consistently involved with many campus activities, including sororities, Student Government Association, student recruitment, leadership roles, athletics, student ministries, and more.
The BSN program provides students with the following:
- Notification of early acceptance as an entering freshmen into the School of Nursing
- Low student-to-teacher ratio in the classroom and in clinical settings.
- Academically and experientially prepared, nurturing faculty who are available to help students
- Excellent clinical opportunities in all major health-care agencies in the metro Birmingham area
- State of the art human patient simulation center and skills lab
- Pass rates above 95% on the NCLEX-RN exam
- Opportunities for medical mission trips and study abroad