Early Assurance Program
Samford University offers a select group of incoming freshmen who enter Samford directly from high school an opportunity to participate in the Early Assurance Program. After a minimum of two years of pre-pharmacy coursework, students selected for this program have the opportunity to earn a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree at Samford, provided they meet the following requirements.
Entering Requirements:• Enroll in Samford as a freshman
• Must have a minimum 26 ACT and a 3.5 GPA (high school) at time of application
Benchmarks once enrolled at Samford:• Hold a 3.0 Overall and math/science GPA at the time of application to the McWhorter School of Pharmacy
• Achieve a minimum PCAT composite in the 50th percentile
• Complete all University Core and Science courses at Samford*
• A successful interview (that results in approval of admission by the admission committee)
• All pre-requisite courses to be completed in two (2) academic years.*
*Waivers may be considered on a case by case basis for exceptional circumstances.
McWhorter School of Pharmacy
Office: INGAL 103B
Phone: (205) 726-2982