TELL us YOUR Samford story.
Deadline: July 1, 2014
1. This video contest is open to all currently admitted and enrolled Samford University undergraduate students for 2014.
2. Submissions will be judged on originality, creativity, production values, and positive portrayal of life at Samford University and in Birmingham, AL. The outcome of the decision of the jury is final.
- Faculty and employees as mentors
- Lifelong Learning
- People, Community, Family, Friends
- Service and Christian values
3. Submissions must conform to Samford's mission and values, and must not include any copyrighted materials, including images or music. Submissions must be appropriate for display and publication. Submissions must not (i) contain defamatory statements; (ii) invade privacy or other rights of any person or entity; (iii) violate applicable laws, including copyright laws, or reasonable standards of decency. All elements in your video, including but not limited to music, audio, voice-overs, photographs, video footage and graphics, must either be created by you or be in public domain. Violation any of these items will lead to a disqualification of the contest entry.
4. Please only submit one entry. Team videos are acceptable, but the team members will share any prize money awarded to the winning video.
5. You must obtain a release form for video participants for all individuals who appear in your video. Be sure to write your name as Samford video contest producer on the form. Entries submitted without release forms where multiple people participate will not be considered.Other participants appearing in your video will no be eligible for prize winnings.
7. Submissions must be primarily in English.
8. Submissions must be submitted to the Samford Stories website and run no longer than 3 minutes.
Register at http://www.samford.edu/stories/
to submit your video.
9. All submissions become the property of Samford University.
Samford University may use and distribute the submissions, in whole or in part, including edited versions. Samford will not provide any compensation to any entrant (other than prizes awarded, if any) forits use of the submissions.
10. Entries must be received by July 1, 2014 to be considered for 2014 prizes.
Entries not submitted by this date will not be considered for prizes. Winners will be announced during the Move-in Day opening session if enough submissions provide for sufficient competition. Samford University reserves the right to postpone judging or cancel the contest altogether for reasons including but not limited to the number of entries received being too small to provide sufficient competition.