The bookstore, owned and operated by the university, is open Monday through Thursday, 7:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Personal checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover are accepted for the amount of purchase. The bookstore does not accept American Express. Students may cash checks up to $50 with a Samford ID. Checks should be made payable to Samford University. After three returned checks in any Samford office, all check-cashing privileges are revoked. The returned check fee is $30 per check and will be placed on the student’s account.
Book Return Policy
- All returns must be accompanied by the original cash or credit card receipt.
- Books must be in absolutely new condition, free of all markings and in original packaging.
- Returns are allowed within a limited time frame after classes have begun:
- Jan Term: 3 days
- Fall and spring semesters (including undergraduate, law and pharmacy): 5 days
- Evening College, graduate business and graduate nursing terms: 5 days
- Undergraduate Summer I and II terms: 5 days
- Refunds will be made in accordance with the manner of payment:
- If the purchaser paid by cash, the refund will be made in cash.
- If the purchaser paid by credit or debit card, the refund will be credited to the card used for the purchase.
- If the purchaser paid by check, the refund will be made in cash.
- If the purchaser paid by Samford Card, the refund will be made on the Samford Card.
- Law study aids (e.g., Gilberts, Case Notes, etc.) are returnable within two days of purchase.
- Defective books may be exchanged for the same title.
Samford ID Card
You may add money to your Samford ID card in the Bookstore or online at http://bulldogbucks.samford.edu.
Newspapers may be purchased in the Bookstore.
A fax machine is available for campus use in the Bookstore for a minimal fee. The fax number is (205) 726-2384.
The Bookstore has provided a change machine beside the ATM in the food court.