Career Development Center
The mission of the Career Development Center is to:
Equip students and alumni with tools for effective decision making, goal setting, and personal development.
Direct individuals to resources for vocational exploration and professional development.
Connect the Samford community with employers and career opportunities.
• Career counselors provide individual major and/or career assistance
• Self-Directed Search (SDS) interest inventory
• Online assessments to aid in career and education planning (including Myplan and the FOCUS2)
• In office and Virtual Career Library with extensive information on majors and careers
• Off-campus, part-time job listings
• Internship information
• Information sessions
• Job postings: online job search database (hireSamford.com)
• Employer contact: career expos, on-campus interviews, information sessions, and employer speaker series
• Workshops: résumé writing, interviewing, job searching, networking
• Résumé critiques
• Mock interviews
• Individual job search advising
The Career Development Center serves students, assisting them in representing themselves more professionally both for the workforce and study beyond Samford. Students receive career guidance and direction, but decision making can be done only by the individual involved. Action is the real key to career planning and job searching. The Career Development Center recommends that students access the free services early in their college career, although these services are available to students throughout their time at Samford as well as post-graduation. Students should contact Career Development by phone at (205) 726-2980 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Job postings can be found at hireSamford.com.
Samford University Networking
Facebook and Instagram: @SamfordCDC