Samford University

Email this page  View PDF of complete handbook

Personal Property Insurance

Students have a large investment in personal property, such as textbooks, desktop and laptop computers, televisions, CDs, DVDs, CD and DVD players, radios, cell phones, cameras, PDAs, calculators, refrigerators and clothing. Each year, college students lose millions of dollars’ worth of personal property through theft, vandalism, water or fire, and a college or university is not liable for these losses.

All students, especially those who live in residence halls, should insure their personal property through a private insurance policy. Samford has established an insurance program through National Student Services, Inc., which provides personal property insurance for students at more than 1,000 colleges and universities. For more information on student personal property insurance, go to or pick up a brochure at the Office of Residence Life in 106 University Center.
close x