Samford University

Preferred Name Change Form


The Preferred Name Change Form is for students who go by a different "first name" than the one officially on their record can initiate a Preferred Name Change by the using this form. This change will not affect actual e-mail addresses, but will alter the way the student's name is represented in the e-mail address lookup feature and the "From" line, allowing for greater recognizability and less confusion.

Students who complete this form in person must bring a photo ID. Students who choose to mail or fax the form must provide a photocopy of a picture ID (license, passport, etc.) along with the request. Changes will be made to preferred "first names" only, not surnames.