Steps to Graduation (May 2015)
For a PDF of the Steps to Graduation for May 2015, click here.
1. Ensure that you have completed all academic requirements for graduation by the end of the semester.
- If you have not, contact the Student Records office in Samford Hall immediately
- If your name is missing from the web list and you think it should be there, check with your advisor to make sure your final degree check has been submitted
- At any time during the semester you may purchase thank-you notes and souvenir announcement covers in the Samford Bookstore
- Also, you may order announcements from Balfour at 1-877-225-3687 or at www.balfour.com
2. There will be a graduation fair – Bulldog Blastoff! – in the Pete Hanna Center on Thursday, March 12 from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm.
- If you are unable to attend the Bulldog Blastoff! you may get measured for your cap and gown in the Bookstore no later than Friday, April 10 at 4:00 pm. (Divinity students must turn in their orders no later than Friday, April 3, at 4:00 pm.)
3. If you have extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending the Commencement Ceremony, you must notify the Registrar in writing, documenting the reason why you would like to be excused from attending by Friday, April 17.
4. Divinity Students Only: On May 5 or 6 (Tuesday and Wednesday), go to the Samford Bookstore to pick up your cap and gown between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Your Commencement Ceremony/Service of Consecration will be Wednesday, May 6, at 11:00 am. Check with the Divinity School for instructions
5. A Graduation Prayer Breakfast will be held on Friday, May 15, at 7:30 am in the University Cafeteria.
6. All Other Students: On May 13, 14, and 15 (Wednesday through Friday) go to the Howard Room to pick up your cap and gown: Between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm (May 13), between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm (May 14), or between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm (May 15). The Bookstore will be open on Saturday, May 16, at 8:00 am.
- The Commencement Ceremonies will all be held at the Wright Center and are scheduled as follows:
- Divinity: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 11:00 am
- Pharmacy: Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 6:00 pm
- Business: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:00 pm
- College of Health Sciences: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 3:00 pm
- Law: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 6:00 pm
- School of the Arts and School of Education: Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 10:00 am
- College of Arts and Sciences: Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 1:00 pm
- Report to the Brock Recital Hall stage with your cap and gown one hour before your ceremony
- You will receive your authorization card on the recital hall stage; then please line-up according to the number on your card
- Pictures with family and friends should be made before entering the recital hall
- Please do not bring your purse, camera, etc. with you. You will not be able to carry these into the Wright Center. Samford University will not be responsible for any items left unattended
- Each Commencement ceremony should last approximately 1-1/2 hours
7. All Graduate Candidates: Return your caps and gowns to the stage of the Brock Recital Hall following the ceremony.
8. Arrangements have been made with Zap Foto for a professional photographer to take pictures of the graduate candidates. The photographer will contact you after commencement at your home address.
- For questions, contact Zap Foto at (205) 345-2686
- All ceremonies will be live-streamed. There will be approximately a three week delay before all ceremonies will be on the web for viewing. You may record your ceremony from the web if you would like.
If you have any remaining questions about graduation, please contact the Student Records Office.