Steps to Graduation (December 2014)
For a PDF of the Steps to Graduation for December 2014, click here.
1. Ensure that you have completed all academic requirements for graduation by the end of the semester.
- If you have not, contact the Student Records office in Samford Hall immediately
- If your name is missing from the web list and you think it should be there, check with your advisor to make sure your final degree check has been submitted
- At any time during the semester, you may purchase thank-you notes and announcements in the Samford Bookstore
- Also, you may order announcements from Balfour at 1-877-225-3687 or at www.balfour.com
2. There will be a graduation fair – Bulldog Blastoff! – in the Pete Hanna Center on Tuesday, October 21 from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm.
- If you are unable to attend the Bulldog Blastoff! – be sure to get measured for your cap and gown in the Bookstore. Divinity students – No later than Monday, November 3; All other students – by Monday, November 10
3. If you have extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending the Commencement Ceremony, you must notify the Registrar in writing, documenting the reason why you would like to be excused from attending by Friday, November 28.
4. Divinity Students Only: On December 2 and 3 (Tuesday and Wednesday), go to the Samford Bookstore to pick up your cap and gown between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Your Commencement Ceremony/Service of Consecration will be Wednesday, December 3, at 11:00 am. Check with the Divinity School for instructions
5. All Other Students: On December11 and 12 (Thursday and Friday) go to the Howard Room to pick up your cap and gown between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm (December 11) and 10:00 am and 5:00 pm (December 12). The Bookstore will be open on Saturday, December 13.
- The Commencement Ceremony is on Saturday, December 13
- Report to the Brock Recital Hall at 9:00 am with your cap and gown
- You will receive your authorization card on the recital hall stage; then please line-up according to the number on your card
- Pictures with family and friends should be made before entering the recital hall
- Please do not bring your purse, camera, etc. with you. You will not be able to carry these into the Wright Center. Samford University will not be responsible for any items left unattended
- The Commencement ceremony should last approximately 1-1/2 hours
6. All Graduate Candidates: Return your caps and gowns to the stage of the Brock Recital Hall following the ceremony.
7. A Graduation Prayer Breakfast will be held on Friday, December 12, at 7:30 am in the University Cafeteria.
8. Arrangements have been made with Zap Foto for a professional photographer to take pictures of the graduate candidates. The photographer will contact you after commencement at your home address.
- For questions, contact Zap Foto at (205) 345-2686
- All ceremonies will be live-streamed. There will be approximately a three week delay before all ceremonies will be on the web for viewing. You may record your ceremony from the web if you would like.
If you have any remaining questions about graduation, please contact the Student Records Office.