Checklist and Deadlines
The Academic Programs Office must receive each item on this checklist for an application to be considered complete. Applications are generally reviewed within one to two weeks of completion. To check the status of application items, applicants can login to their application account (using the link below) and view the list of application items that our admissions office has received.
1) Online Application for Admission
2) Recommendation: Applicants must submit the name and email address of their recommender on the online application form (only one name may be entered). When you submit your application form online, an email will be sent directly to your recommender with instructions and a link to the online recommendation. Before submitting a name, please contact your recommender so that they will expect our email. A recommendation from an employer or educator is preferred.
3) Application Fee: The $25 non-refundable application fee is paid prior to submission of the online application form. The application fee is payable by Visa or Mastercard.
4) Official GMAT or GRE* Scores: Applicants should request for GMAT or GRE scores to be sent to our office from the testing agency. For information on the minimum standardized test requirements, see here
GMAT waiver is available for applicants with a bachelor’s degree and ten or more years of professional work experience. Applicants may apply for a GMAT waiver by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org once all other portions of the application are complete. Qualifying applicants will be invited for an interview by the Graduate Education Process Committee. All waiver approvals must be complete at least one month before the application deadline.
5) Official Transcript(s): Applicants must submit official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended. Transcripts are considered official only when they bear the issuing institution’s seal and arrive with the seal intact. Transcripts can be sent electronically to email@example.com or by mail to the address below.
6) Resume: Please send a copy of your professional resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*GRE scores are converted to an equivalent GMAT score using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools provided by ETS. Applicants with GRE quantitative scores at or below the 20th percentile may not exempt prerequisite level courses (ACCT 511, ECON 512, or FINC 514).
Fall Semester –August 1
Spring Semester – December 1
Summer Term – May 1
Brock School of Business, Samford University
800 Lakeshore Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35229
*International students - please review the application information under the international student portion of our website.