Microsoft Office for Students
The New Microsoft Office for Students – and its FREE!
Samford Technology Services is happy to announce the new Microsoft Student Advantage program for Microsoft Office. Because of the Samford’s Microsoft licensing agreement, Samford students are now able to download and install Microsoft Office Pro Plus desktop suite for free.
What is included with Office 365 Pro Plus?
· A digital download of Office 365 Pro Plus to install on PC/Mac for up to 5 devices
·Office 365 Pro Plus stays up to date with the latest releases from Microsoft (currently Office Professional Plus 2013 for Windows and Office 2011 for Mac).
·Office Mobile access for iOS and Android devices
·Create and store Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, One Note, and Publisher files locally on your computer/device.
·Connect your Bulldog email account to the Outlook desktop client, opening more features to use with your email and calendars
Who is eligible?
· Any student whose primary affiliation is "student" and currently enrolled. Full-time staff who are taking classes are not eligible at this time.
Where can I download Office 365 Pro Plus?
· Log in to the Microsoft Portal at http://portal.microsoftonline.com using your Samford email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)and press the “Enter” or “Tab” key. Your browser will be redirected to Samford’s authentication server to confirm you are authorized to download and use Office 365 Pro Plus.
· Once you are logged in to the Microsoft Online Portal, your computer type (Windows or Mac) should be automatically detected.
· Choose the appropriate version of Office for your computer and click “install”. Note: It could take up to 30 minutes for the software to download and install on your device depending on your Internet connection speed.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 7 or above
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and above
What happens when I graduate or leave Samford University?
Once you leave the University, your Microsoft Office Pro Plus subscription will end. You may enroll in other available consumer offers from Microsoft.
For questions or issues related to installing Microsoft Office on your device, contact our Service Desk at 205-726-2662, or via email at email@example.com.