Stacy Gay has pursued a career in educational fundraising since 2007 and has served Samford University since September 2011. She is passionate about advancing Samford University through relationship-based fundraising. Prior to joining Samford, she served as a Major Gifts Officer at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and as a Fundraising Consultant/Executive Director of the Trussville City Schools Foundation.
Stacy and her husband have been married since 2006 and are members of North Valley Church in Margaret, AL. They enjoy spending time outdoors and traveling with their three daughters.
Stacy enjoys community involvement and is a member of the following organizations:
- (un)adopted – a ministry of Lifeline Children’s Services
- Trussville Noon Rotary Club
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
Degrees and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication with a Concentration in Public Relations, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Industrial Distribution, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Master of Public Administration with a Concentration in Nonprofit Management and Philanthropy, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Public Administration and Public Policy with Concentrations in Nonprofits and Philanthropy, Auburn University