Established in 1847 the Cumberland School of Law is committed to educating a diverse community of students with the knowledge and practical skills, equipping them to become highly competent, ethical lawyers committed to professionalism and public service. We are committed to producing leaders who will serve our state, country, and the world. Our curriculum trains students to practice in all areas of law including corporate law, trial advocacy, health law, environmental law and public interest law. The foundation of our students’ success at Cumberland is made possible by the generosity of our committed donors who without their support the exceptional educational experience provided to our students would not be possible.
Today the curriculum and approach to educating future lawyers, and to writing the next chapter in the history of the Cumberland School of Law, depends on your partnership and financial commitment. As the Cumberland School of Law is currently involved in the "Forever Samford, Always Cumberland” campaign your support is vital in our pursuit of short- and long-term campaign strategic initiatives including:
- Increased endowed scholarships needed to provide financial support to attract outstanding students
- Increased endowed faculty chairs, professorships and faculty support funds necessary to recruit and retain our dynamic faculty
- Increased endowed funds to provide support for experiential learning experiences, journals, and advocacy programs
- Increased annual funds needed to provide support for “Areas of Greatest Need” within the Cumberland School of Law as determined by the Dean.
- Secure funding for the "Always Cumberland" Capital Campaign in support of building and classroom renovation projects and future law school addition
We gratefully accept outright gifts, gifts of stock, and bequests of any size and are happy to discuss any questions you may have. Thank you for your interest in supporting excellence at Cumberland and for your philanthropic commitment in writing the next chapter in the history of the Cumberland School of Law!
Designate Your Gift
Below are designations allowing you to direct your gift:
- Bishop Society
- Center for Advocacy Training
- Center for Children, Law, and Ethics
- Center for Community Mediation and Public Interest Program
- Class of 1985 Scholarship
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Forever Samford, Always Cumberland Academic Programs
- Forever Samford, Always Cumberland Places and Spaces
- Forever Samford, Always Cumberland Scholarships
- Georgia Alumni Endowed Scholarship
- Jere White Fellows Program
- North Carolina Alumni Endowed Scholarship
Ways to Give
Giving online is an easy way to make a gift to Cumberland School of Law. There are many funds to designate your gift.
Giving by Mail
Cumberland School of Law
Attention: Paula Kierce
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229
Giving by Pledge
By making a pledge, you can make a significant impact to Cumberland School of Law and its mission to educate competent well-rounded lawyers.
Making an Annual Gift
Annual giving is critical to providing Cumberland School of Law with budget-relieving resources. The fiscal year ends June 30 of each year.
Estate Planning and Bequests
With a planned giving strategy, you can put your assets to work for any part of Cumberland School of Law you choose. To ensure your goals are met, we invite you to contact Paula Kierce, Director of Development (205-726-2542) to learn more.