The Office of Diversity and Intercultural Initiatives is pleased to announce the Diversity Faculty Fellowship and is accepting applications for its inaugural fellow for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
Purpose: The purpose of the Diversity Faculty Fellowship is twofold:
- Further the mission of the Samford University Office of Diversity and Intercultural initiatives
- Serve as a valuable professional and leadership development experience for the fellow
Roles and responsibilities of the Diversity Fellow:
- Assist with planning, design, and implementation of new and existing innovative programming activities
- Collaborate with office of diversity staff members on initiatives and programming
- Support the office with the implementation of the Diversity Action Plan
Duration: One fiscal year (beginning July 1, 2022)
Time commitment: Flexible -- Approximately one-half day per week in the Office of Diversity and Intercultural Initiatives.
Eligibility: Full-time Samford University faculty members
Compensation: A supplemental stipend, plus funds to attend one professional development event during fellowship year.
Other benefits: The fellow will receive strong mentoring, network with a wide array of colleagues, operate in a dynamic and creative environment, learn about new trends in higher education and diversity, and become a stronger educator and servant leader.
Application process: Please attach a current CV and letter of interest and email to email@example.com by June 1, 2022 at 5 PM. All questions may be directed to Denise Gregory (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Letters of interest should be no more than 1,000 words in length and should address:
- Candidate motivation for seeking the fellowship opportunity
- Candidate accomplishments as a faculty member to this point in his/her career and how candidate feels his/her work has prepared him/her for this fellowship
- How the candidate feels he/she can contribute
- Short- (i.e., 1-3 year) and long-term (i.e., >5 year) professional development goal(s)
- How the diversity fellowship opportunity aligns with professional development goals
The selection committee will finalize fellow selection by June 15, 2022. The candidate letter of interest and CV will be the primary artifacts that will be used to make the fellow selection.
Please visit the Office of Diversity and Intercultural Initiatives’ website to learn more about the office, its mission, strategic goals and activities. Thank you in advance for your interest in this opportunity.