The Office of Academic Affairs is organizing an afternoon of faculty-focused learning opportunities broadly related to teaching and learning. As in the past, attendees will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of concurrent sessions and networking opportunities, including:
- Interactive workshops (50 minutes)
- Formal presentations (session containing one 40-minute presentation with 10 minutes of questions -OR- two 20-minute presentations addressing related topics with 5 minutes of questions per presentation)
- Computer-based education/training sessions (50 minutes)
Members of the Samford community are invited and encouraged to contribute to this event by submitting a session proposal.
If you are interested in sharing an innovative teaching practice, new course/program design, teaching/learning-related research proposal, or a presentation on other topics that you feel will contribute to teaching practices and student learning experiences at Samford, please submit a proposal via the link below by Friday, July 15, 2022.
On the form, you will be asked to provide:
- Proposed session title
- A brief abstract describing the proposed session (250 word maximum)
- Preferred format (interactive workshop, presentation, computer-based training, etc.)
- Presenter name(s) and school affiliation*
*Proposals from teams that represent intra- and interdisciplinary collaborations are encouraged
Proposals will be evaluated based on:
- Intellectual merit
- Potential for broad impact
Accepted submissions will be confirmed by July 22, 2022.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact P.J. Hughes.