Community Engagement Intern - Communications Coordinator
In order for your resume to be routed to the appropriate hiring manager, you must include the job number TEMPHT in the subject line of your email.
The part-time Intern will address specific goals, driven by partner organizations and engagement efforts on campus. In addition, the Intern will participate in a collaborative process of personal and professional development, focusing on areas of social justice, program administration, assessment, implementation, and communications. The Intern serves as a key support for specific student service initiatives, events, data collection and communications in the Mann Center; collaborates with students, staff, and specific community partners to coordinate and communicate service opportunities and engagement that both enhance student learning and positively impact the community.
ASSESSMENT & REPORTING
- Assist Director for Community Engagement and marketing and communications to format Samford’s annual Community Engagement Report
- This will include writing assignments, design and photography
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Build and manage a client information system to capture important information for the Mann Center’s multiple constituencies
- Create content to source the Mann Center’s overall marketing strategy to communicate Mann Center initiatives to stakeholders both inside and outside the university, including current students, prospective students and families, faculty, staff, alumni, and community partners
- This includes the creation of an annual report, monthly newsletter and updates to the website, social media, email, and print media.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job, your resume and/or cover letter must show that you have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- A demonstrated track record of service or community engagement during college
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities
- The willingness to work and communicate effectively with diverse populations as a team
- Background in graphic design, marketing/communications, or journalism
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.