In order for your resume to be routed to the appropriate hiring manager, you must include the job number MOUS70 in the subject line of your email.
The Computer Support Technician works under the leadership of the Supervisor of Deployment Services in the delivery, set-up, and replacement of technology related equipment; works with faculty and staff in scheduling delivery of new or replacement equipment, and the retrieval of retired equipment.
- Configures new equipment to be deployed with the appropriate software images and settings.
- Builds and maintains a repository of standard software images for deployment on Samford computers.
- Performs full disk encryption on computers as part of the setup process.
- Schedules and delivers technology related equipment and retrieves retired equipment for appropriate disposal (return to factory, etc.)
- Moves customer data from old equipment to the new replacement device.
- Provides strong customer service.
- Assists with the maintenance of proper records for equipment transactions and inventory.
- Works with vendor representatives as needed to resolve questions/problems.
- Works closely with other members of the Enterprise Support Services Group staff to coordinate activities.
- Continually enhances own skills through appropriate development activities such as professional training.
- Perform additional duties as required.
In order to apply for this job, your resume and/or cover letter must show that you have:
- High School diploma
- 6 months technical experience in a computer-related field
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk across campus carrying up to 20 pounds of equipment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Must be able to report to work daily, five days per week, and must be able to work continuously throughout the day
- Associate's degree in a technical related field, or equivalent work experience with configuring and managing computer setup and deployments
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.