Director of Graduate Student Services, College of Health Sciences
In order for your resume to be routed to the appropriate hiring manager, you must include the job number HSCI68 in the subject line of your email.
The Director of Graduate Student Services will be responsible for processes relating to applications, admissions, progression and graduation for graduate programs in the School of Health Professions and the School of Public Health. The Director will develop and maintain current databases related to all aspects of student services in collaboration with related University offices.
- Manage the admission process for students making application to graduate programs in the School of Public Health and the School of Health Professions
- Direct the progression and graduation process for the School of Public Health and the School of Health Professions
- Coordinate the student record process with interdepartmental entities on campus
- Develop and maintain all graduate student records
Advisement, Registration and Graduation:
- Advise graduate students in the Schools of Health Professions and Public Health
- Develop alternate plan of study for students when necessary
- Oversee the development of graduate course term files prior to registration
- Participate in all student orientations
- Work with graduate department chairs on curriculum development
- Perform graduation checks ensuring that each student has fulfilled all course requirements prior to graduation
- Coordinate with Registrar's office on all aspects of commencement
- Serve as technology manager for the Office of Enrollment Management and Student Service in CAS systems, Slate Data Management System, and integration
- Maintain all student records/data within the School of Public Health and the School of Health Professions to permit statistical analyses needed for various reports
- Maintain a database that permits access to immediate and accurate enrollment data and projected enrollment data
- Monitor progression status of enrolled students
- Recruitment visits as needed
- Work with Assistant Dean and participate in preview days, open houses, and other recruitment events
- Maintain sections of the Samford University catalog and website for accuracy
- Participate in organized and self-directed professional development activities
- Represent CHS on University committees as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed
To apply for this job, your resume and/or cover letter must show that you have:
- Graduate degree
- Prior experience in a related role such as: admissions, recruitment, student services
- Prior experience using Banner
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people including University administration, faculty, staff, admitted students and prospective students
- Excellent organizational and business skills
- Ability to work with data of a confidential nature
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Advanced computer skills
- Must be available for occasional travel
This job requires the ability to report to work daily, five days per week, the ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time, the ability to work continuously throughout the day, the ability to multi-task and respond to a variety of constituents.
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.