In order for you resume to be routed to the appropriate hiring manager, you must include the job number LSWC93 in the subject line of your email.
Front of House Event Staff are responsible for the seating and the safety of patrons. Front of House staff are expected to offer the highest level of customer service possible to guests, donors, visiting artists, artist management, patrons, and any other member of the public or administration they may encounter. Front of House Staff are also expected to carry out any job function management deems as appropriate and within the scope of caring and maintaining for the theater, customer service, audience experience, pre-show prep, post-show breakdown, guest and staff safety/emergency response/security. Front of House Staff also work in the Samford Box Office selling tickets, answering the phone, returning messages, keeping records and interacting with the public.
- Politely directing and escorting patrons to their seats.
- Providing patrons with programs and other relevant materials.
- Checking assigned section for cleanliness.
- Visually sweep the theaters to check for potential safety issues and lost and found items.
- Be aware of and enforce appropriate house rules.
- Remain at assigned post throughout the event unless taking an assigned break.
- Must be aware of, and follow, the proper procedures for assisting patrons with disabilities.
- Attend pre-event Usher meetings and other trainings as required by management.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Samford venues and a good understanding of evacuation procedures from all points within each venue.
- Administer all incoming phone calls and book required admission tickets, providing information about schedule and pricing on phone.
- Perform all duties at cashier window, administer selling for all shows, and monitor all inquiries and complainants for all ticket sales.
- Monitor and process all ticket orders on phone and email and coordinate with manager to complete all requests of sponsors and special guests.
- Monitor all credit transactions for box office, ensuring resolution of all customer inquiries, and maintain good relations with artists and dispatch team.
- Organize and distribute tickets left at Will Call.
- Other duties as directed.
To apply for this job, your resume and/or cover letter must show that you have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Two Way Radios
Qualified applicants will be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties
- Demonstrate an understanding of, sensitivity to, and appreciation for the diverse ethnic, socio-economic, disability and gender diversity of guests and staff attending Samford events
- Ability to maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to LSW uniform requirements
- Ability to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Computer literacy
- Persuasive interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Samford and Samford values and culture
- Stamina, to work long hours
- Ability to lift 10 lbs. waist high, and able to assist with set up of furniture for events as directed throughout shift
- Ability to read small print as on tickets
- Ability to climb steps repeatedly
- Ability to descend/ascend ramps and inclines/declines
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Work in a fast-paced, busy environment with environmental conditions such as noise, heights, dark/dim/absence of lighting
- Ability to bend, stretch, reach, and kneel without restriction
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.