Community Engagement Intern - Programs Coordinator
In order for your resume to be routed to the appropriate hiring manager, you must include the job number TEMPH8 in the subject line of your email.
The full-time Intern will address specific goals driven by both partner organizations and engagement efforts on campus. In addition, the Intern will participate in a collaborative process of personal and professional development, focusing on areas of social justice, program administration, assessment, implementation, and communications. The Intern serves as a key support for specific student and faculty initiatives, events, data collection and communications in the Mann Center; collaborates with students, staff, and specific community partners to coordinate and communicate service opportunities and engagement that both enhance student learning and positively impact the community.
MANN CENTER PROGRAMMING
- Recruit and track activity of student volunteers and Mann Center Fellows
- Collaborate with current nonprofit and community partners to cultivate and market learning and service opportunities for students and Mann Center Fellows
- Plan, execute, assess and report on select signature community service programs, including but not limited to:
- Samford Gives Back, the university’s annual day of service attracting between 600 and 800 student volunteers
- Mann Center Service Cadre Program
- Mann Center Fellows Program
- Serve as a liaison to Greek and other student organizations who seek service opportunities to counsel and guide service leaders to link them to potential partners and existing opportunities for community engagement
- Assists with the preparation for meetings, lectures, presentations, workshops and conferences
- Prepares and distributes agendas, schedules facilities, arranges catering services, travel, and coordinates the preparation of support material
- Other duties as assigned
Some of these events include: lunch and learns; Mann Center Faculty Fellows Seminars, Faculty Reading Circles, The Mann Medal and Mann Student Awards events, Hodges Lecture, Service Cadre Awards Banquet, Faculty Recognition Events and the 2019 Gulf Summit Conference.
To apply for this job, your resume and/or cover letter must show that you have:
- A Bachelor's degree
- A demonstrated track record of service or community engagement during college
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities
- The willingness to work and communicate effectively with diverse populations as a team
- Background in graphic design, marketing/communications, or public relations
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.