Human Resources and Information Systems Specialist
The Human Resources and Information Systems Specialist will coordinate with IT and HR teams to analyze all HRIS requirements, develop and implement various HRIS procedures, and prepare customized reports for various finance and payroll teams. The HRIS Specialist will also manage and provide response to all HRIS issues and ensure compliance to timeframe, provide efficient feedback to all system enhancements, provide training for all annual system processes, design all custom ad hoc reports, resolve all queries and ensure accuracy in same, prepare all business documents and provide upgrades if required, and monitor HRIS systems and maintain integrity of all data.
- Record, maintain, check, balance, compile time worked, and prepare input for automated payroll system
- Work from a variety of confidential human resource documents and materials, consolidating, matching, preparing, handling, inputting, and scanning to employee files
- Assist with researching files for difficult-to-find data and in resolving problems or finding missing information
- Research, implement, and analyze HRIS system for workflow improvements
- Maintain the integrity and consistency of employee information in the Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Maintain, develop, or customize the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) to support the human resources function. Troubleshoot system errors
- Provide specialized reporting
- Record statistics, compute, track, prepare, and report employment metrics and file updates, often with a set deadline for payroll and benefit purposes
- Assist in training and instructing co-workers
- Complete special assignments and projects as required
- Proof own work
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job, your resume and/or cover letter must show that you have:
- Some college course work in Human Resources Management or related field
- 2 years' experience in Human Resources and/or Information Systems working with HR software, Applicant Tracking system and/or a Time Management system
- A minimum of one year working with data analysis tools (Excel, SQL)
- A minimum of one year project management experience
- Systems implementation experience
- Proper telephone etiquette and customer service expertise
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate verbally and in writing
- Capacity to effectively interact with all levels of employees, students and the general public
- Experience using Banner, BDMS, HireTouch, and/or TimeClock Plus
In order for your resume to be routed to the appropriate hiring manager, you must include the job number HUMR66 in the subject line of your email.
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.