In order for your resume to be routed to the appropriate hiring manager, you must include the job number DMET68 in the subject line of your email.
The Instructional Designer provides instructional design services to faculty seeking to use technology in teaching and learning. Support and develop the LMS and other technologies used for online instruction such as Turnitin, Kaltura, Echo360, WebExetc.
- Provides input and takes a leadership role in assessing pedagogy/technology support needs and responding to them
- Provides technical support to end users in the use of the university learning management system
- Designs, prepares, and delivers courses, workshops, small group, and one-on-one sessions for effective use of educational technology
- Works with faculty and departments in the development of on-line courses
- Assess, on an ongoing basis, the effectiveness of instructional design services
- Provides administrative support for the university learning management system (LMS) and other associated educational technology components
- Works with the learning management system vendor as technical liaison to maintain LMS managed hosted system
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct workshops in the use of the learning management system for faculty and staff
- Perform additional duties as assigned
To apply for this job, your resume and/or cover letter must show that you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design
- 0-2 years’ experience working with faculty in the design of on-line course content
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with faculty, staff, administration, and students within a customer service environment
- Skilled in instructional design using learning management systems and distance education technologies, particularly as it relates to teaching, learning and research in a university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, familiar with various operating systems including Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS
- Skilled in training and end-user support
- Familiar with Quality Matters standards and review process
- Master's degree
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.