LSW Event Staff (Temporary)
Wright Center event staff and ushers are responsible for creating a welcoming environment and providing information for guests at all events. Ushers also implement emergency procedures for the protection of guests during an incident.
- Communicate effectively and persuasively with guests providing direction and assistance in a friendly manner
- Respond to guest inquiries and concerns promptly and with courtesy
- Maintain a level of patience with guests during all interactions
- Analyze and evaluate information to choose the best solution for conflict resolution and problem solving
- Maintain current knowledge of Wright Center procedures and guest-relation information, including directing guests within the facility and event-specific policies (e.g., photography/video policies, etc.)
To apply for this job, your cover letter and/or resume must show that you have:
- Minimum of 1 years' experience working with the public, preferably in hospitality, hotel customer service, or education
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Ability to professionally interact with clients and the public in a pleasant and courteous manner, answering questions in a clear, well-modulated voice
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of guests in high pressure situations, including conflict management and emergency management procedures
- Ability to maintain effective relationships and resolve conflict with courtesy and diplomacy
- Ability to work an irregular schedule, including mostly nights and weekends
- Must maintain a professional and inviting appearance, as defined by policy, at all times
- Prolonged standing (90%), walking, talking, and listening are required throughout the shift
- Ability to climb and descend stairs is essential to the position
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.