Shuttle Drivers are responsible for safely transporting passengers. Drivers follow predetermined routes and stop at designated locations. Drivers will maintain an accurate hourly passenger count.
- Transporting passengers on the Red, Grey, or Blue Line shuttle routes. Drivers may be required to drive for special events or to take the shuttle in for repairs
- Stop at predetermined "shuttle stop" locations
- Obey all traffic rules, regulations, and campus speed limit of 25 miles per hour
- Perform all shuttle inspections each morning before transporting passengers and complete shuttle inspection sheets
- Report any accidents or mechanical issues that need attention
- Drivers are expected to have a cell phone as a means of communication with Transportation Services
- Refuel shuttles at the end of each business day
- Drivers may be called upon to substitute for other drivers that are unable to work their shift
- Work a rotation schedule of either two or three days per week; shifts run from 7:30am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday or as designated based on need
- Drivers are expected to agree to all terms and conditions listed on the "Samford University Shuttle Driver Expectations" sheet
To apply for this job, your resume and/or cover letter must show that you have:
- Minimum of 5 years' driving experience with impeccable driver history record
- Must possess a valid Alabama Driver's License and be at least 21 years of age
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Friendly, courteous disposition and represent Samford University in the most professional manner
- Dress in a neat and professional manner; this may be in accordance with a stipulated dress code for shuttle drivers
- Must be able to learn the layout of Samford University campus and stay abreast of any special event or occurrence that may impact the flow of traffic
- Strong communication skills
- Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time
Drivers will be required to pass a physical exam at OHC
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.