In order for your resume to be routed to the appropriate hiring manager, you must include the job number STEV29 in the subject line of your email.
The Coordinator of Student Activities and Events is responsible for providing assistance in support of the Samford Student Government Association’s Student Activities Council (SAC) as well as the Connections program that provides new students opportunities to fully engage in the Samford campus each fall. The Coordinator of Student Activities and Events is also responsible for assisting with the coordination of major campus events such as Welcome Back Week, Homecoming, Step Sing, Summer Send-Off, and concerts.
- Serve as primary advisor of Student Activities Council branch of Student Government Association.
- Assist in coordination of events associated with SGA/SAC including, but not limited to: Welcome Back Week, Homecoming, Harry's Concerts, Ben Brown Days, Lighting of the Way, Easter Egg Hunt, and Summer Send-Off
- In conjunction with Assistant Director, assist in coordination of major campus student events including, but not limited to: Connections, Step Sing, Homecoming, and collaborative events planned in cooperation with other departments and organizations on campus.
- Assist in training and student development retreats with student leaders
- Maintain budgets within department of Student Activities and Events
- Negotiate vendor contracts for campus events
- Assist in maintaining the Office of Student Activities and Events' web and social media presence; ensure online information is current, updated regularly, and founded in best practices to further the mission of the university and the student activities community at Samford
- Responsible for registering all events and providing accurate marketing information to promote to all facets of campus
- Assist in assessment efforts and benchmarking research for all activities and programs
- Provide additional overall staff leadership and support for major campus events organized by Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Division
- Be an active participant in the Campus and Residential Life Community
- Attend weekly staff meeting as scheduled by the Assistant Director
- Attend and/or schedule committee meetings as directed by the Assistant Director
To apply for this job, your resume and/or cover letter must show that you have:
- High School Diploma
- Experience with event planning and management, with preference given to candidates with direct experience coordinating college or university campus activities and events
- Experience and success with publicity and creative marketing of events
Qualified applicants will also be required to have the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Outstanding written, verbal, social media, and technological communication skills
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks and capable of managing and working with a diverse group of individuals;
- Effective communicator possessing the ability to be sensitive to the needs and desires of students, parents, and staff
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as well as the ability to coordinate and attend out of town student and professional conferences
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.