University Photographer (part-time contracted position)
Samford University is looking for a part-time University Photographer to work approximately 20 hours per month. The photographer will be a contracted position and will serve as the photographer for University events.
- Provide photographic services for the university, including both studio and non-studio photography.
- Provide images that can easily be cropped to fit a variety of media and collaborate with other Division of Marketing and Communication team members to select photography for use in university communication channels.
- Assist in maintaining updated photographs on the university’s primary websites.
- Accurately maintain and update photographs in a secure but accessible online photography storage system in a timely manner, ensuring accurate identification information for all photographs taken.
- Assist university offices, departments, organizations and individuals in selecting photographs for official university needs.
- Participate as a collaborate member of the Division of Marketing and Communication team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Journalism, Communication or related field
- Minimum 3 years of professional photography experience
- Minimum of 10 years of professional photography experience might be considered in place of an undergraduate degree
- Ability to move quickly while carrying and using photography equipment
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Some travel required
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in a higher education setting; sports photography experience would be a plus
In order for your resume to be routed to the appropriate hiring manager, you must include the job code "Photo" in the subject line of your email.
Submit a resume and cover letter with current salary/salary requirements to:
Resumes received after the posting is removed will not be considered.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.