Parent and Family Programs - Student Assistant
Parent and Family Programs will hire two students to join three returning students for the following duties:
• Assist the Office of Parent and Family Programs with tasks such as returning telephone calls, helping with correspondence, etc.
• Complete basic tasks such as making copies, assembling notebooks, making deliveries on campus, etc., as assigned
• Assist with marketing Office of Parent and Family Programs events (distributing posters and flyers, etc.)
• Help prepare for upcoming Office of Parent and Family Program events (readying packets and assembling registration materials, folding T-shirts, setting up prior to the event, etc.)
• Help during events such as Family Weekend, Homecoming, etc., doing things such as working at registration, hosting check-in areas, greeting guests, etc.
• Fulfill orders placed for merchandise and tickets through the Samford Parent Association
• Others responsibilities, as assigned
Hours: 20(max)/week; must be available to work hours falling between 8-4:30pm on Monday-Friday, as well as occasional weekend/evening hours during events.
Send a cover letter and resume by email by August 3 to Susan Doyle, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will receive a response email or phone call by August 10.
Federal Work/Study earnings will be paid biweekly in the form of a check or direct deposit payable to the student. This award does not credit to the account of the student as payment toward University charges.
Helpful: ability and strong desire to represent Samford University and the Office of Parent and Family Programs in a professional manner within both on-campus and off-campus audiences; basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and Excel preferable; experience with social media; and the ability to lift 30 pounds.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.