The Contact Tracer will call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them to testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine or isolation, if appropriate.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect and record information on symptoms
- Provide contacts with approved information about local quarantine/isolation procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 social resources
- Follow a script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine/isolation and what to do if symptoms develop
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor
- Role may require performing additional COVID-19 response related activities
Student earnings will be paid biweekly in the form of a check or direct deposit payable to the student.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Samford graduate program*
- Proficiency in Excel and data entry into electronic tracking systems
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required with ability to show empathy and interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
Students selected for this position will be required to review the "FERPA and Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions" and view the "Information Sharing: FERPA & HIPPA for Schools and IHEs Webinar".
*Undergraduate students interested in being placed on a waiting list if additional positions become available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.