Date Posted: August 28, 2018
Start Date: September 05, 2018
End Date: May 03, 2019
Pay: $ 7.25 per hour
Job DescriptionCalling all AP Style lovers and social media gurus, internship season is upon us! Samford’s Division of Marketing and Communication is seeking hardworking, talented individuals to join the respective schools across campus and contribute to various media publications.
This internship won’t require you to fetch coffee or make copies (however, you may need some coffee for yourself because you are going to work). Fear not though, because this is the good kind of work that you can proudly display in portfolios and use to sell yourself at that big job interview. The best part is, you’ll be working alongside other interns in similar fields of study and professionals who are eager to help you grow. It’s a win-win.
If this sounds good (and you know it does), pull out those work samples and apply today. Applicants must submit at least two writing samples (preferably news or feature stories) and a recommendation from a faculty member.
Responsibilities will include:
• Write press releases and feature stories for newsletters, website and other internal and external publications
• Creation of social media content and strategy for the social media pages for each school
• Assisting in the design and creation of email templates
• Researching the latest email marketing practices for implementation
• Assisting in editing and proofing emails
• Some graphic design for small projects
• Participation in other organizational tasks as needed
Student earnings will be paid biweekly in the form of a check or direct deposit payable to the student.
Qualifications• Applicants must submit at least two writing samples (preferably news or feature stories) and a recommendation from current or past professor.
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Strong work ethic
• Knowledge and understanding of AP Style
• Social media experience
• Interest in photographer and videography
• Ability to work individually and collaboratively
• Creativity and excitement for all things marketing and communication
• Personable and go-getter who’s not afraid to get the job done
• Professional individual that will meet given deadlines
Contact Kristi Metz
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.