Cumberland School of Law is seeking applicants for a Student Liaison for Diversity and Inclusion to help plan and implement outreach and diversity recruitment initiatives at Cumberland in order to produce a deep and diverse pool of applicants. This position will help create a robust recruitment program, providing a pipeline and pathway to attract diverse and traditionally underrepresented students.
Student Liaison will work under the supervision of the Director of Admission to create and implement a diversity recruitment plan.
- Provide outreach efforts to prospective students and increase application rates from students of diverse backgrounds.
- Collaborate with key student organizations across Samford and the law school.
- Connect the law school to outside professionals, Pre-law Advisors, and organizations that focus on diversity inclusion and awareness.
- Partner with Birmingham community leaders to create programming and events with local high school students.
- Create and maintain pathways for prospective/current students, alumni, and staff to participate in the diversity efforts of Cumberland.
- Plan and assist with implementing programs, events and projects that strategically engage students, alumni, employers, and the bench and bar.
- Represent Cumberland at diversity conferences, if not in class.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Student earnings will be paid biweekly in the form of a check or direct deposit payable to the student.
- Current Cumberland Student
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with students, colleagues, alumni, other constituents and the public.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, and demonstrated effectiveness related to students from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong writing, planning, and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
Samford University is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.