Juris Doctor, 1987
- First African-American woman to serve as judge on the Jefferson County (Alabama) Circuit Court
- Former member and chair of the Alabama State Ethics Commission
- Former director, Clinical Outreach Services, Jefferson County Department of Health
- Served as a magistrate for the City of Birmingham
- Holds undergraduate degree from Fisk University and master’s in clinical psychology from Pepperdine University
- Author with her sister of a book, The Gentle Giant of Dynamite Hill, about growing up in Birmingham with their father, famous civil rights attorney Arthur Shores
Donate to Samford’s minority scholarships and help make the Samford experience available to more students.