Exchange Programs

Samford University participates in a number of university exchange programs worldwide. An exchange program is perhaps the most economical way for students to study abroad for a semester or an entire school year.

photo of international students at baseball game

Typically, a Samford student will pay Samford-base tuition, then pay room and board at the university of study overseas.

In order to transfer credits back to Samford successfully, a student must:

  1. Inform the Global Engagement Office and their advisor of their intent to pursue an exchange program.
  2. Apply for the exchange program following the instructions provided by the partner university.
  3. Fill out all appropriate forms from the Office of Student Records.
  4. Make sure the exchange university sends an official copy of your transcript back to Samford at the end of your semester/year abroad.

For more information, please contact the Global Engagement Office at 205-726-2741 or by email (

Our student exchange partners are:

  • Universidad Blas Pascal, Cordoba, Argentina
  • Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, China
  • Seoul Women's University, Seoul, South Korea
  • Seinan Gakuin University, Fukuoka, Japan
  • Pädagogische Hochschule Weingarten, Weingarten, Germany
  • NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, India