Tadashia Jabril Cooper, M.A.Ed., RRT
Jabril Cooper joined Samford University’s Department of Cardiopulmonary Sciences in 2016. She has previous experience as a respiratory therapy instructor at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and as an educator and simulation specialist in the UAB Office of Interprofessional Simulation. She enjoys using her expertise to prepare students for advanced patient care and to manage ethical dilemmas that they may face as they fulfill their callings to care for others.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.A., education, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- B.S., respiratory therapy, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist, Alabama State Board of Respiratory Care
- Registered Respiratory Therapist, National Board for Respiratory Care
Adult acute and critical respiratory care, health care simulation, TeamStepps
- Peterson DT, Watts P, Brown M, Morris J, Azuero A, Pryor E, Dailey K, Belle A, Epps C, Leon K, Clark D, Maday K, King J, Cooper J, Lowman J, Bolus N, Bagby L, White ML. Investigating the impact of focused team training in an interprofessional ICU simulation: Lessons learned. 16th International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare. San Diego, CA, January 2016.
Tadashia J. Cooper, BS, RRT; Jon R. Marstrander, MS PE; Wesley M. Granger, PhD, RRT, FAARC; and Jonathan B. Waugh, PhD, RRT, RPFT, CTTS, FAARC, The Effects of Price and Chest Piece Type on Sound Transmission in Stethoscopes, 2013 AARC Respiratory Care Education Annual
- Cooper, T. J., Young, J., Belle, A., Prince, C., Mezzell, B., Peterson, D. T., Epps, C., Skipper, M. W., Bagby, L., & White, M. L. (2015). University of Alabama at Birmingham Ebola Care Team Training. Alasim International 2015, Huntsville, Alabama.
- Oral Presentation: Cooper, T. J., Young, J., Belle, A., Prince, C., Mezzell, B., Peterson, D. T., Epps, C., Skipper, M. W., Bagby, L., & White, M. L. (2015). University of Alabama at Birmingham Ebola Care Team Training. Alasim International 2015, Huntsville, Alabama.
- Poster Presentation: Hicks, M. N., Cooper, T. J., McNicholas-Bevensee, C. M., Rutledge, C., Aurora, G. A., Easton, T., White, M. L. (2015). Utilization of Simulation in Pre-Medical Education to Improve Non-academic Attributes Necessary for Healthcare Professionals. 2015 Research and Innovations in Medical Education Week, Birmingham, Alabama.
- Poster Presentation: Cooper, T. J., Marstrander, J. R., Waugh, J. B., (2012). The Effects of Price and Chest Piece Type on Sound Transmission in Stethoscopes. 2012 American Association for Respiratory Care International Congress Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Healthcare Simulation
- Stethoscope Sound Transmission
- Alabama Society for Respiratory Care, Central District Representative
- American Association for Respiratory Care, member
- Coalition for Baccalaureate and Graduate Respiratory Care Education, ASRT to BSRT Bridge Program Committee
- Society for Simluation in Healthcare, member