School of Health Professions
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Office: CHS Building 2 2132
Phone: 205-726-4578Dr. Hollea Ryan comes to Samford University from the Department of Communicative Disorders at the University of Alabama where she served as a part-time instructor. Her professional interests include pediatric audiology, cochlear implants, aural rehabilitation and attachment development. Her personal interests include reading, photography, softball, ballroom dancing and traveling. Ryan and her husband have two young children.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., audiology, Vanderbilt University
- Au.D., audiology, Vanderbilt University
- M.S., audiology, Vanderbilt University
- B.S., communication disorders, Florida State University
Awards and Honors
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention's First Annual Best Student Poster Awards, 2012
- Tharpe, A. M. & Ryan, H. M. (2010). Hearing instrument orientation for children and their families. In A. M. Tharpe & R. Sewald (Eds.), Comprehensive handbook of pediatric audiology (pp. 599-614). San Diego, CA: Plural Publishing.
- Ryan, H.A.M. (March 5, 2014). Attachment Development in Children with Hearing Loss. Guest Presentation at Auburn University, Auburn, AL.
- Ryan, H. A. M. (March, 2012). The Effects of Childhood Hearing Loss on Mother-Infant Attachment. Poster presentation at the 11th Annual Early Hearing Detection & Intervention Meeting, St. Louis, MO.
- Edwards, M., Warfal, K., & Ryan, H. A. M. (Feb 2012). Overview of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. Presentation at the Tennessee Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Research conference, Nashville, TN.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL), pediatric audiology and attachment development
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Alabama Academy of Audiology (ALAA)
- Mountain Chapel United Methodist Church