Samford Sets Commencement Schedule
Posted by William Nunnelley on 2008-04-16
The Samford commencement schedule will have a new look this year as the University holds all the graduation ceremonies on campus. Here's the way the schedule will look.
Tuesday, May 6
• Beeson Divinity School graduation, 11 a.m., Hodges Chapel. This event will combine the divinity school's traditional consecration service with the conferring of degrees.
Friday, May 16,/p>
• McWhorter School of Pharmacy, 10 a.m., Wright Center.
• Brock School of Business (undergraduate and graduate), 1 p.m., Wright Center.
• Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing (undergraduate and graduate), 3 p.m., Wright Center
• President's Reception for all graduates, 4-5:30 p.m., University Quadrangle
• Baccalaureate (for graduates of all schools), 6 p.m., Wright Center.
Saturday, May 17
• Howard College of Arts and Sciences, School of the Arts, and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education and Professional Studies (undergraduate and graduate), 10 a.m., Pete Hanna Center.
• Cumberland School of Law, 3 p.m., Wright Center.
ABOUT SAMFORD UNIVERSITY -- Samford University is a premier nationally ranked private university deeply rooted in its Christian mission. Founded in 1841, Samford is the 87th oldest institution of higher education in the United States. U.S. News & World Report ranks Samford 3rd among regional universities in the South. Samford enrolls 5,509 students from 45 states, the District of Columbia and 29 other countries in its 10 academic units: arts, arts and sciences, business, divinity, education, health professions, law, nursing, pharmacy, and public health. Samford also fields 17 NCAA Division I teams that compete in the tradition-rich Southern Conference.