Live Stream Available for Spring Commencement Ceremonies
Samford University’s seven spring commencement ceremonies will be available via live stream.
The ceremonies include the following:
- McWhorter School of Pharmacy, 2 p.m., May 6
- Beeson Divinity School, 11 a.m., May 9
- Brock School of Business, 11:30 a.m., May 13
- Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing, School of Public Health and School of Health Sciences, 3 p.m., May 13
- Cumberland School of Law, 6:30 p.m., May 13
- Howard College of Arts and Sciences, 10 a.m., May 14
- School of the Arts and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education, 2 p.m., May 14
Brad Radice, Samford’s director of broadcast media, said edited versions of each ceremony also would be available in about two weeks for viewing on the university’s YouTube.
More than 1,000 degrees will be awarded during the ceremonies, which mark the official beginning of the university’s yearlong 175th anniversary celebration.
Complete commencement coverage will be available at samford.edu/news.
ABOUT SAMFORD UNIVERSITY -- Samford University is a premier nationally ranked private university deeply rooted in its Christian mission. Founded in 1841, Samford is the 87th oldest institution of higher education in the United States. U.S. News & World Report ranks Samford 3rd among regional universities in the South. Samford enrolls 5,509 students from 45 states, the District of Columbia and 29 other countries in its 10 academic units: arts, arts and sciences, business, divinity, education, health professions, law, nursing, pharmacy, and public health. Samford also fields 17 NCAA Division I teams that compete in the tradition-rich Southern Conference.