Outlook Configuration for Off-Campus
To configure Outlook to check e-mail from off campus, such as business trips or home use, follow the steps below.
1. Click on Start then Control Panel and then double-click on the Mail icon inside the Control Panel.
2. On the next screen click on Show Profiles.
3. Next choose your Outlook profile and click on Properties. (It will usually be named yourusername_exchange (example: nafunder_exchange), but doesn't have to be.
4. On the next screen click on E-mail Accounts....
5. You will then need to select View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next.
6. On the E-Mail Accounts screen select Microsoft Exchange Server by clicking once on it and then click Change.
7. Now click on the More Settings... button.
8. On the next screen entitled Microsoft Exchange Server click on the Connection tab and check the box named Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP and then click on Exchange Proxy Settings.
9. Next configure the Exchange Proxy Settings screen to look like the screen below and click OK.
- Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange: https://email.samford.edu
- Check the box for Mutually authenticate the session when connecting with SSL.
- Principal name for proxy server: msstd:email.samford.edu
- Check the box for On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
- Check the box for On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
- Use this authentication when connecting to my proxy server for Exchange: Basic Authentication
10. Click OK again on the screen with Exchange Proxy Settings button and this will take you back to the Exchange Server Settings where you entered in your user name.On this screen click Next.
11. On the next screen click on Finish you may now open Outlook and check your email.