Submit the applicationSamford has an online application and also accepts the Common Application for your convenience. Students will receive the same consideration regardless of which method they choose. The application fee is $40.
Submit your essayThe essay should be a 250 word minimum (1 to 2 pages preferred) and the topic is YOU! Students who have applied via the Common App do not need to submit an additional essay.
Request Official Test Scores Please contact the testing agency to have your ACT and/or SAT scores sent directly to Samford. Samford’s Code: ACT: 0016 SAT: 1302
Request High School TranscriptsSamford requires official high school transcripts to be sent directly from your school. (Note: Samford will accept transcripts electronically via E-script and Docufide.)
Request an Academic Recommendation Samford requires one academic letter of recommendation. An academic recommendation is one from a guidance counselor or a teacher.
- Aug 1 – The application is available online for completion and submission.
- Nov 1 – All application completed by this date will receive admission notification in early November.
- Dec 1 – All applications completed by this date will receive admission notification in early December.
- Dec 15 – Deadline to receive academic and leadership scholarship consideration. All applications must be completed and submitted by this date to receive full scholarship consideration. (note: other departments and programs at Samford may have additional scholarship opportunities, applications, and deadlines.) Learn more about scholarship opportunities at Samford.
- March 15 – Deadline to receive non-merit based scholarship consideration. All applications must be completed and submitted by this date to receive non-merit scholarship consideration.
Samford seeks students who have demonstrated high standards of scholarship, outstanding personal character, and serious educational aims. Admission to Samford involves a careful analysis of academic records, character references, clarity of educational purpose, and extracurricular activities which reflect the applicant’s potential for involvement and leadership in the programs and services of the university.
Admission standards are competitive and selective. The Admission Committee selects the entering class from among those whose academic performance gives the strongest promise of success in college. It is Samford’s intent to maintain an undergraduate student body with diverse background, interests, and abilities.