The mission of Counseling Services is to meet the developmental and emotional needs of students within the Christian community. This will be done while complementing the mission of the Student Affairs Division to accomplish the University Mission.
Counseling Services will provide a comprehensive guidance and counseling program to assist students to define and accomplish personal and academic goals. This program includes:
- Providing short term, goal-oriented, counseling on an as needed basis for students.
- With written consent from the student, coordination of care and consultation with faculty, staff, and parents.
- Referring students to community providers to address specific needs.
- Conducting guidance workshops and training on topics central to student growth and development.
- Responding promptly to crisis situations involving the Samford University community.
- Serving as a resource on issues critical to emotional well being and developmental growth.
- Planning and implementation of programs that model Samford University's mission and goals.