Services for Students
The CRC offers free tutoring for all Samford students for oral and written assignments. We also assist students with critical reading assignments. Students do not need to schedule an appointment; we work on a drop in schedule. Just stop by the center (Brooks 222) to talk with a tutor about writing, speaking, or reading.
What we do:
- Sessions are approximately 30 minutes, and we pack a lot of assistance in those minutes!
- You receive one-on-one time with a tutor who wants to help you learn to write and speak more effectively as well as read more critically.
- We help with any stage of the writing and speaking process--from invention/brainstorming to organizing to revising. We're great at helping you develop thesis statements and topic sentences!
- If you struggle with introductions or conclusions, we can help.
- Need assistance with grammar questions or formatting and documentation for APA, MLA, or Chicago? We can help.
- Uncomfortable speaking in front of your classmates? Try that speech out on us first! We'll give you pointers and help you redirect your speaking anxiety toward performance.
- Not sure what that CP text means? Come in and talk it over with us! We're here to help.