The University Fellows Parents Council supports our mission by providing opportunities for families to volunteer, financially support, and represent the program. The inaugural council established the Student Assistance Fund, which offers financial assistance to Fellows with demonstrated need. In the spring, they played a vital role in hosting prospective parents on Interview Day. In addition, parent volunteers coordinated the commencement reception for our first class of graduates. If you are interested in serving on the Parents Council, complete the form below.
- Attend two planning meetings each year (Family Weekend and Step Sing Weekend)
- Volunteer during at least one event each year (Family Weekend, Interview Day, Commencement Reception, Recruitment)
- Represent the program to prospective parents (Samford in Your City receptions, annual letter of introduction)
- Support the program financially and promote financial stewardship from other parents (no minimum amount)
- $10 annual membership fee
If you are interested in joining the Parents Council or are a prospective parent who wants to hear from our current parents, please contact our Parents Council Chairs or Vice-Chairs. You can reach our Chairs, Allyson and Keith Arthur, at email@example.com. You can reach our Vice-Chairs, Barb and Dave Newman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.