Student Insurance Information
The following students are required to maintain health insurance coverage:
- All students living in university owned housing
- All undergraduate students taking 6 or more credit hours per semester
- All graduate and undergraduate nursing students
- All pharmacy students
- All international or ESL students
Required students with existing coverage may waive out of participation in the Samford student insurance plan by completing an online waiver process. Those students required to have insurance coverage that have not waived out by the deadline will have the coverage purchased on their behalf and billed to their student account.
Waiving Out Online is simple:
- Go to Student Health Insurance
- Click the “Waive” button
- Complete the form with the requested information
- After your waiver submission is completed you are given a confirmation number and an immediate email letting you know that your waiver is in pending status and that another email will be sent once the information you submitted is verified.
- A second email is sent when the waiver is verified saying if it was approved or denied. If a waiver is denied, a reason and instructions about submitting additional information will be given.